Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Oganic, green, vegan, and sustainable.

So, today there are very many products that are organic -- however, very few will put it on a label because the producers don't want to be pigeon holed into being thought of as just organic. Also, if we're being honest - right now, at this time -- there are very few truly organic wines that are very good. We have a few on the shelves right now that are outstanding -- however, as I mentioned, there's nothing to note it on the label.

Due to the incredible amount of requests I'd received, I made a concerted effort to find some solid representations of organic and vegan wines for those who are interested. There are two Chileans, one is a Chardonnay - the other a Syrah. In my opinion the Chardonnay is quite nice; the Syrah....well, I'll honestly say it's not something that I would drink. However, if one is vegan and is looking for a completely vegan wine - this will do the trick. I'm sorry but the names are escaping me at the moment -- and I am home as I write this. There also is another lovely Chilean blend of Cabernet and Carmenere that is really delicious. It's called Paragua II and I was pleasantly surprised with it. The final product is an Australian Chardonnay called Spring Seeds and in my personal opinion it falls short of what a Chardonnay from Australia should taste like; but again -- for those living the vegan and organic lifestyle, it will allow for you to enjoy wine that you can feel good about.

No comments: