Friday, August 14, 2009

Almost the end of the summer...!

So it's been quite some time since I've posted here -- it's amazing how quickly time goes by without realizing.

The store in Melrose is coming along nicely; it was a little scary the last few weeks because it felt like it was never going to come together, but now..... it does. I can't wait to get in there and sharing all the fabulous wine and of course - my passion for food and cheese with the rest of the world.

Today I met with my primary cheese distributor and all I can say is "oh. my."

For wine recommendations, I can tell you to try something different and fun for what might be our last burst of warm weather this summer: Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc.

If you love champagne (or sparkling wine) and Sauvignon Blanc - then how could you not love the two mixed together? Sort of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of the wine world? Okay, maybe I wouldn't go quite that far, because I'd say the effervesence takes away a bit of the herbaceousness that a typical SB would have -- but on a hot summer night, it's definitely decadence in a glass.

No comments: