Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Kim Crawford 2004 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

Don't let the screw cap fool you...for those of you who don't know, Kim Crawford who is one of NZ's leading and award winning vineyards has been using screw caps for years. This is wine is one of my favorites....rated 91 points from Wine Spectator. It is refreshing, crisp with acidity,yet full. This is an amazingly "fresh" tasting wine, it wakes your palate with every sip. Drink now - good until 2009; This was #44 TOP 100 of 2004 from Wine Spectator Magazine.

I have two words for this wine "pha-nomenal". It's one of my all time favorites. I had it this evening with Pad Thai; would be excellent with seafood of any kind, or as a counterbalance to a spicy dish (as I mentioned, I had Thai). But I have to be honest, I love this wine so much, I'd drink it with anything.

No comments: